Prepare for Hurricane Florence With ReadyNC: Your All-in-One Tool for Emergency Readiness
With inclement weather from Hurricane Florence approaching later this week, we want to ensure residents and visitors of North Carolina remain safe. Staying safe entails being and staying informed–a key factor in smart action.
The ReadyNC app gives information on real-time traffic and weather conditions, river levels, evacuations, and power outages. For people living in/ visiting North Carolina, this is an all-in-one FREE tool for emergency preparedness. Download it from the ReadyNC website.
Features of the app include:
- Current weather conditions,
- Real-time traffic conditions where you are, by route or region,
- Where to report nearby power outages,
- Open shelters near you (including ones which accept pets),
- Counties being evacuated,
- How to prepare for and be safe during typical hazards that impact NC,
- How to create an emergency plan and kit,
- Real-time stream and river flooding information,
- Who to call for help when disasters strike.
A Category 4/5 hurricane, Florence is a life-threatening storm. Take every precaution to reduce impact.