Starting a Community Garden
Building safe community gardens
- Food Safety for School and Community Gardens handbook (click here to order)
- Presentation: Food Safety for School Gardens (Dr. Ben Chapman and Ashley Chaifetz, August 25, 2011)
- USDA Let’s Move! Faith and Communities: Garden Guide (updated April 2011) – with funding opportunities!
- Syracuse Grows Community Garden Resource Directory
- National Recreation and Park Association’s Grow Your Park Initiative
- Mother Earth News Vegetable Garden Planner – great for helping you plan how many plants can fit in your garden, with record keeping, and more!
GAPs (Good Agricultural Practices) certification
- NC Fresh Produce Safety
- National Good Agricultural Practices Program (Cornell University)
- Food Safety in the School Garden (University of Maryland Extension)
- Student and Food Safety: Best Practices for Hawai’i School Gardens (University of Hawai’i)
- Student and Food Safety: Best Practices for Hawai’i School Gardens – A Supplementary GAPs Checklist (University of Hawai’i)
Was the information on this page helpful?