Hurricane Florence Impacted Areas: Update Your Tourism Business Listings
Whether or not you were impacted by Hurricane Florence, if you are in an affected area, then you should update your business listing information.
Unaffected businesses: Use your business’ website and social media platforms to confirm that you’re open for business, and post current images or video to show visitors local site conditions.
Affected businesses: Update your business’ website and social media platforms to indicated that you are either temporarily or permanently closed. Also, make sure you update your information on other platforms:
- Google: follow these instructions
- Expedia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yelp: 877-767-9357 (toll free)
- TripAdvisor: 866-322-5942 (toll free)
- For temporary closures: send an email to email@example.com
- For longer-term closures: email or call your local county contact;2018 North Carolina 100 County Contact Directory
- Subscribe to the visitnc weekly NewsLink to stay on top of additional resources as they are made available to affected tourism business.
All businesses: Enhance your climate readiness before the next storm!
- Complete the FEMA Ready Business Hurricane Toolkit
- Explore the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Resilience in a Box resources
If you need to file a claim, please see the following resources:
- FEMA claims process: How Do I File My Flood Claim?
- Consumer Federation of America: Tips for Filing Claims in the Wake of Hurricane Florence