Train-the-Trainer Agritourism Workshops
The Economic Impacts Work Group of NC Extension’s Local Food Program Team is conducting a series of train-the-trainer one day workshops in February 2018 for Extension agents interested in assisting clients develop agritourism enterprises. Agents will learn how to guide clients through an 8 module lesson plan that will conclude with a completed business plan for an agritourism business.
2018 Train-the-Trainer Agritourism Workshop Schedule
- West/South Central District: February 2, 2018 at Cleveland County Cooperative Extension Office, Shelby, NC
- North Central District: February 20, 2018 at Chatham County Cooperative Extension Office, Pittsboro, NC
- Northeast District: February 26, 2018 at Franklin County Cooperative Extension Office, Pittsboro, NC
- Southeast District: February 28, 2018 at Onslow County Cooperative Extension Office, Jacksonville, NC
- West District: March 6, 2018 at Madison County Cooperative Extension Office, Marshall, NC
- Annie Baggett, Agritourism Marketing Specialist, NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services,
- Dr. Carla Barbieri, Associate Professor and Extension Specialist, Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management, NC State University
- Guido van der Hoeven, Extension Specialist, Agricultural and Resource Economics, NC State University
Members of the Local Food Program Team’s Economic Impacts Work Group:
- Becky Bowen, NC State Extension, Community and Rural Development, CultivateNC Program Manager
- Laura Lauffer, Project Extension and Outreach Manager, NC Growing Together Project, Center for Environmental Farming Systems
- Matt Lenhardt, Iredell County Extension, Agriculture/Horticulture Agent
- Dr. Janine Parker, NC Agricultural and Technical State University Cooperative Extension, Agribusiness and Marketing Specialist
- Greg Traywick, Cleveland County Extension Director
View the full schedule and register online now.
The Agritourism Curriculum is a product of the Economic Impacts Work Group of the NC Cooperative Extension Local Food Program Team. Its purpose is to improve the efficacy of Extension agents throughout the State of North Carolina in the guidance and advice to farmers and growers seeking to engage in agritourism activities.